David and Lori Cook congratulate their daughter Margaret Cook (center), an Academic All-Stater from Stilwell, during the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence Academic Awards Ceremony, held recently in Tulsa. Cook, a 2021 graduate of Stilwell High School, was among 100 outstanding seniors from…
Rocky Mountain School announces Co-Valedictorian is Lauren Elizabeth Brown, daughter of Chris and Kristy Brown, granddaughter of Bob and the late Linda Ritter and Terry Griffin and Mike and Rhonda Brown. She enjoys drawing, painting, all kinds of crafts, sports, and hanging out with friends…
Rocky Mountain School announces Co-Valedictorian is Katelyn Lea Wilson, daughter of Matt and Crystal Wilson, granddaughter of Willie and Pam Hooper and Kenneth and Iris Wilson. She enjoys sports and hanging out with friends. She attends Oak Grove Full Gospel Church and will be attending St…
Rocky Mountain School announces Salutatorian Allie Jae Miller, daughter of Mike Miller, granddaughter of Sarah and Jim Rich. She enjoys cooking, sports, and hanging out with friends. She will be attending Stilwell High School in the Fall.
Aubrey Phillips from Westville was elected to serve as Vice President of Public Relations for the Oklahoma Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) organization.
Dr. Geri Gilstrap, guest speaker at the May Chamber of Commerce monthly meeting, said Stilwell Public Schools has done well this year, and the only virtual sessions were the week before Thanksgiving because COVID numbers were high.
A Graduation Parade for the Senior Class of 2021 will be held on Thursday, May 20 beginning at 6 p.m. The parade route will go down 2nd Street, turn by McDonalds on Highway 100 West, then follow to the high school.
Stilwell Elementary Principal Mark Lea was recently named State Principal of the Year, an honor he says has humbled him.
Westville School will be gaining three new teachers in 2021-2022 and losing two. At the regular monthly Westville School Board meeting on April 19, resignations were accepted from Paula Brunner and Amy Kaiser, while Amber Carlton was employed as a first grade teacher, Hailey Cole as a secon…
Garrett Bergman, teacher for Agriculture at Stilwell High School, was excited to share that Future Farmers of America (FFA) students competed in the 2021 Adair County Invitational Development Events contest. More than 10 schools were there with 153 competitors. It was held in Stilwell on Mar…
Samuel Parker Patterson, son of Clay and Jennifer Patterson, has been named valedictorian of the 2021 eighth grade graduating class of Zion School. The salutatorian is Kenzie Leann Starr, daughter of Travis and Nichole Starr.
Meals will be provided to all children age 18 and younger, without charge and for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals will be provided at the site and times as follows: S…
Maryetta School has named their Top 10 students for 2020-2021 school year, Hayley Dillard, Brycee Thomas, Kaveri Hill, Heather Brooks, Caislyn Crozier, Haven Ketcher, Casey Hagar, Harlie Smith, Avery Knight, and Andraya Ford.
The Cherokee Nation presented more than $6.3 million to 107 school districts during the tribe’s annual Public School Appreciation Day held in a virtual format last Wednesday. This year’s disbursement is the largest since the tribe began its annual contributions in 2002.
The Board of Directors for the Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust (TSET) approved 36 incentive grants for communities and schools through the TSET Healthy Incentive Program.Westville and Cave Springs Schools are among the recipients.TSET Healthy Incentive grants are awarded to communities a…
Superintendent Geri Gilstrap had something so beautiful to share about what Stilwell is doing for professional development. Using a book called Hope Rising written by Dr. Chan Hellman, they are learning how to manage trauma and children with challenging backgrounds. The main goal is to help…
Superintendent Geri Gilstrap had a ton of great things to say about Stilwell Schools. They have been managing their COVID situation well with a 50 percent drop in numbers after their first semester.
Indian Capital Technology Center is now accepting applications for the CDL Truck Driving class. ICTC has partnered with Heavy Metal Training Institute (HMTI) to provide the training. Interested persons must be 18 years of age or older and possess a valid driver's license and will be restri…
- OSU Extension promotes popular 4-H program and more
- Ribbon cutting held for OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine at the Cherokee Nation in Tahlequah
- Doctors, education official critical of governor's school guidance for COVID-19
- COLUMN:For the Children:What You Need to Know about Getting the COVID Vaccination
- Races to be held for three school board seats
- Cherokee Nation, OSU partnership brings safety, other benefits to Westville
- State Board of Education suspends School Report Card letter grades for 2020-21 school year
- Stitt pushing to force students back into classrooms
- OU football: Early signing period arrives in the middle Sooners' Big 12 title game prep
- Stoner's commitment to Cowboys pays off late past two seasons
- Charlotte Anderson becomes Oklahoma’s Fourth “Kid Governor”
- Enrollment for spring 2021 now open at Carl Albert State College
- Reservist returns from deployment to earn OSU degree, sets sights on MBA
- Cherokee Nation, State of Oklahoma extend Hunting and Fishing Compact for 2021
- Lady Indians have two wins to kick off basketball season
- Stilwell Public School Foundation launches online fundraiser
- Ranchers webinars to close year, begin 2021
- School Board Candidate Filing Set to Begin Monday, December 7, 2020
- Group protests suit filed against religious class
- ABB Motors and Mechanical Inc. donate to Stilwell FFA
- Sample Ballot for Adair County
- Fall Fundraiser offers food, cool raffle items
- Adair County 40H officers elected as NE district president and reporter
- The National Foundation for Goveronors’ Fitness Councils makes history by embarking on its first-ever virtual ribbon cutting tour
- Stilwell Lady Indians place 2nd at Cross Country meet
- 'Voice of the Indians' has eye on OU
- Stilwell High School Spanish Club elects officers
- Overhaul of constitutionally protected tobacco settlement on ballot
- Carl Albert State Collge awarded $2.5 million grant for student services
- Carl Albert State College announces first Certificate Program graduate
- Much to celebrate at Stilwell Schools
- The McKnight Center for the Performing Arts celebrates one-year anniversary
- Stilwell FFA attends COLT conference
- Acclimating outdoor plants to the indoors for winter
- Thurman Thomas looks to build bridge to program with Ring of Honor induction
- OU football notepad: Oklahoma's game day helmets to feature black stripe for ‘unity’
- National Endowment for the Humanities awards OSU Library nearly $70,000
- Indians roll Pioneers iIn the dirt
- Freshmen Emily Cruz, Dalton Keen lead Stilwell Cross County teams
- U.S. Attorney Brian Kuester announces $281,097 award to Tahlequah Public Schools to improve school safety
- Adults eligiblefFor SoonerCare through Medicaid Expansion can apply starting June 1
- New TV station in Stilwell offers Christian programming
- Cherokee Nation election sees four incumbents, one newcomer
- Historic Buffington Hotel rescued with restoration
- Wilkiefest: It's a Wilkie thing
- Renovation rescues historic hotel in Westville
- New Enid meat company to build facility; county industrial park projects fully funded
- Adair County District Courts May 3 - 21
- Cherokee Nation offers help for elders to sign up for $2,000 COVID-19 Assistance Payment by hosting drive-through community events
- Stilwell City Courts May 22 - June 3
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.